The nursery is often your child's earliest experience of church and our goal at Christ Church is to make this experience as nurturing as possible. During your child’s first years, he or she will learn that church is a safe and happy place where he or she is loved and his or her needs are met.
Our nursery is a cheerful, safe and welcoming environment for our very youngest members. Staffed by trained caregivers, we are committed to providing a safe, pleasant, and clean environment for our children. The nursery is a place where children are introduced to our Christian tradition through creative play, sharing, stories, and a whole lot of fun.
The Nursery at Christ Church is located in Room B-113 on the first floor of the Education Wing.
From the Parking Lot Door: Follow the signs with the above face on it.
From the Main (Nave) Doors: Take a right before the stairs and head down the Cloister Hallway. Keep going straight until you get to the main lobby with coffee and tea. You should then see the signs with the above face which will lead you there!
8:30 am to 12:30 pm for morning services (9:30 am to 11:30 am after the feast of Pentecost in May)
4:00 pm to 6:00 pm for Evensong (until end of program year)
5:30 to 8:30 pm (until end of program year)
- Please sign in by the nursery door and make a name tag that will be placed on your child’s back (see above). Make sure to keep the number corresponding to their name tag for pickup.
- If your child has any allergies, please bring it to a caregiver’s attention along with any special needs that need to be accommodated.
- Feel free to leave any special belongings in the cubbies or by the coat racks. Diaper bags, bottles & sippy cups should be labeled with your child’s name.
- If you will not be picking up your child, make sure to let a caregiver know and give the authorized person the number corresponding to your child’s name tag.
Cleanliness is a major focus in our nursery.
- Diaper Changing: Prior to changing, the table will be disinfected, and will have a clean changing cloth placed on it.
- Post Changing: Upon completion of the diaper change, we will sanitize the table and place soiled diapers in a trash can (away from the children). The nursery staff will wash their hands after each diaper change.
- Sheets: Crib sheets are changed weekly or between uses by children. These items are bagged at the conclusion of nursery care and then laundered.
- Garbage: All garbage is disposed of at the conclusion of each nursery session.
- Toys: Our staff strives to sanitize all “played with” toys. Surfaces and large play equipment are wiped down at the end of each nursery session.
We want your time at Christ Church to be uninterrupted, but this isn’t always possible. As you sign in your child, please advise us regarding your child’s temperament, crying tendencies, and methods that work best to soothe your child.
Our general rule of thumb is that we will call (or text) your cell phone (please put it on vibrate!) if your child is crying for 10 minutes with no sign of calming down. If you would like us to call you sooner, please let us know.
If your child is not feeling well, he/she will be much happier in your care. If you think your child may be coming down with an illness or if your child has displayed one or more of the following symptoms within the last 24 hours, please do not leave him or her in the nursery that day.
- Runny nose or consistent cough
- Fever (exceeding 100), vomiting, or diarrhea
- Contagious diseases, rashes, eye infections
We thank you for your cooperation with our attempt to minimize the spread of illness. The only exceptions are:
- If your child has been on antibiotics for 24 hours.
- If your child’s runny nose is clear and/or from allergies.